My favorite kind of jewelry boxes are glass cases. Not only are they beautiful with their reflective surfaces but they also offer some nice benefits:
- The jewelry always remains as the main focal point. Although the glass boxes are beautiful on their own, these boxes allow you to display your jewelry in its truest form.
- You can easily find what you are looking for. Your jewelry is completely visible, which makes it extra easy to find that necklace or earrings that go perfect with your outfit.
- You are more likely to stay organized and avoid clutter. These boxes are not meant to hide a mess. Therefore, you will quickly realize when you need to spend a couple of minutes re-organizing your little treasures.
- The jewelry is protected from the elements. Jewelry can tarnish while is unused and exposed to oxygen and humidity. The glass will protect it and you will be able to enjoy looking at your jewelry even when you are not wearing it.
If you do not own a glass box yet and would like to, I have put together a list of some of my favorite ones.
1. Pierre Divided Case / One Kings Lane, 2. Clarus Large Square Box / Crate & Barrel, 3. Third Eye Glass Box / Her and Now Shop – Etsy, 4. Clarus House Box / Crate & Barrel, 5. Faceted Ring Box / Her and Now Shop – Etsy, 6. Pierre Small Square Clear Glass Case / Lamps Plus, 7. Metal & Glass Curio Box / One Kings Lane.
I hope you guys are having a beautiful week so far!
Mosaic Triangles Jewelry Box via WestElm
Juliette Jewelry Box via Crate&Barrel
Chocolate Shagreen Large Jewelry Box via Aerin
Selma jewelry Box via Crate&Barrel
It is officially Fall, and I felt the first semi-fresh breeze last night while walking around our neighborhood! I’m so ready to feel some real change in temperature though. It’s been really hot this summer, and I cannot wait to wear a cozy sweater.
During my walk, I enjoyed seeing what people are starting to do for their Fall decor. As some of you may know, I am originally from Venezuela. Because of its location right around the equator this country only has two seasons (rainy and not rainy). So although I didn’t grow up decorating during this time of the year, I would like to embrace the fall spirit a bit more this year. For now, I have my eye on those cute little pale pumpkins I’ve seen at the grocery store.
The new season has also motivated me to do some organizing and de-cluttering around the house, and I’m hoping I can extend the cleaning to my jewelry, that is looking quite messy these days. With that in mind, I found a few options for jewelry boxes that are making me consider if I should upgrade one of my current jewelry boxes. As you can see, there seems to be a theme in this curated group: square, spacious and modern jewelry boxes. I love the colorfulness of the Mosaic Triangles Box, the multiple drawers in the Juliette and the gold look on the Selma. What do you guys think?
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
(P.S. You can see more Jewelry Display ideas here!)
Wonders Of The World Pyramid Box / Free People
Folding Mirror Jewelry Box / Anthropologie
Textured Boxes / West Elm
Arca Jewelry Box / Anthropologie
Large Heart Jewelry Box / Free People
These last days have been crazy. I have been putting a lot of deadlines on myself and well, I have to confess that it has been a bit stressful. All in all is good, since I have finally settled on a launch date for the SOMMI line and the website! I’ll be making the announcement in the upcoming days and, as you can imagine, I’m very excited.
Until then, I leave you with these five lovely jewelry boxes. If I had to pick my favorite it would be between the Large Heart, because of its antique look, and the Arca jewelry box, because of the cool way one can hang and display a pair of earrings.
p.s. remember to sign up to be notified of the launch so that you can receive a special discount that you can use towards your first purchase!
The next best thing after wearing jewelry is finding cool ways to display and store it. These are a few of my favorite jewelry boxes at the moment.
Stone Pebble Boxes via West Elm
Glass Box with Crystal Handle via Moorea Seal
Marble Cleat Boxes via West Elm
Elaine Glass Display Box via Pottery Barn
Ramphan Jewelry Box via Anthropologie
Glass Shadow Boxes via West Elm
** Mother’s Day is just days away, so if you don’t have something for your mom yet, and she happens to be a jewelry lover, one of these could be the perfect gift!